Bylaws and Policy
To maintain the Policies and Bylaws of the organization for the benefit of the NDAA and its members.
- Conduct a review of the Bylaws periodically to determine if they continue to meet the needs of the organization and its members.
- Establish new policies as needed.
Responsibilities of the Bylaws and Policies Committee
- Hold periodic committee meetings as required to address issues that arise involving either the Bylaws or any of the organization’s policies.
- Review and propose changes as needed to the Bylaws and present these proposed changes to the Board of Directors for approval and ultimately to the general membership for approval.
- Establish new policies as needed by the organization.
To bring quality current and applicable education opportunities to appraisers.
- Review the wants and needs of the members in training/education.
- Ensure that our members have timely, current (in person) education offerings brought to North Dakota.
- Seek out, contract, and work with instructors and co-sponsors to organize each specific training/class.
- Work with the Events Committee to coordinate an annual conference/educational event to provide networking opportunities and enhance relationships.
- Provide members with scholarship opportunities to advance their licensing and obtain certifications/designations.
- Provide a means to introduce non-members to the association by providing high demand education not available elsewhere.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility regarding the association’s educational costs/expenses. Surplus funds will be returned to the NDAA for future use.
To plan NDAA meetings, classes, and events with professionalism while fostering the needs and benefits of the NDAA members and attendees.
- Work with facility managers to ensure the venue is properly secured through a signed contract and will be well equipped regarding but not limited to meeting space, catering, visual equipment, and potential room reservations.
- Coordinate with the NDAA to ensure all needs requested by the presenter(s) and/or members are met.
- Promote and advertise all NDAA events.
- Ensure that the proper volunteers are present and committed to running a well organized event.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility pertaining to event costs.
To monitor and review the NDAA’s income and expense budget ensuring a distribution of funds consistent with the organization’s stated goals.
Review and monitor governmental issues, appraisal policies, and profession-related legislation to maintain the best interests of North Dakota appraisers.
- Maintain the working relationship with the North Dakota Appraiser Board to communicate to all NDAA members any changes in regulations that may affect licensing and/or appraisal report development.
- Develop legislation that benefits all ND appraisers.
- Enhance communication between all state-wide groups influential to the appraisal profession.
- Provide timely communication to all NDAA members regarding any issues that may affect the profession.
Marketing and Public Relations
The purpose of the Marketing and Public Relations Committee is to broaden the NDAA’s presence and influence through outreach to affiliated industries.
- Provide a mid-year report to the NDAA Board.
- Provide a year-end report to the NDAA Board.
- Assist in the proposed budget for the future year.
To provide services, resources, and benefits to increase and enhance membership.
- Promote communication of Association activities to the Members.
- Promote communication to and from the standing committees and the Board of Directors.
To maintain a professional, dynamic, and user-friendly website that reflects, supports, and enriches the NDAA.
- Reconfigure the existing website and launch the updated version for public use.
- Strengthen back-end functionality to eliminate manually generated reports, increasing member enrichment through profile and education.