NDAA Education Support Scholarship Application
Phone: ________________________ Email: ____________________________________________________________
Member of NDAA Yes ______ No ______ Year Joined ____________ State Credential Number _______________
Have you previously applied for an NDAA Education Support Scholarship? Yes _____ No _____
Have you previously received an NDAA Education Support Scholarship? Yes _____ Year? _______________ No ______
Supervisor Information: (If applicable)
Member of NDAA Yes ______ No ______ Year Joined ___________ State Credential Number __________________
Education Course Applying For: ____________________________________________________________
Institution Offering Course: _________________________________________________________________
Course Date: ______________ Course Cost: __________________ Location: _________________________________________
Course Type: Qualifying Education _______ Professional Development/Certification Program _________
I hereby apply for a NDAA Education Support Scholarship. I represent to the best of my knowledge and
belief that all information contained on the application is true and accurate as of the date of this application. Should any such information change after the date of this application, I will immediately notify the NDAA Executive Secretary. I understand that NDAA will consider my application along with others for a limited number of scholarships and that submission of the application does not guarantee that a scholarship will be awarded and irrevocably waive any claim or cause of action by law or equity that I might have at any time against NDAA, its Board of Directors, committees, officers, and members, as a group or as individuals for any act in connection with this application or scholarship program. Should I receive a scholarship, I hereby grant NDAA the right to use my name, likeness, and information from this application, and to otherwise profile me in marketing materials and other publicity.
Printed Name: ________________________________________________
SUPPLEMENT TO NDAA EDUCATION SUPPORT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
NDAA Education Support Scholarships were created to assist current NDAA members in the advancement of their professional careers. The scholarships award up to $500 per award to help defray the costs of classes and travel for qualifying education for license upgrades or for professional development/certification programs.
Eligibility and Requirements:
1) Applicant must be NDAA member in good standing for a minimum of 2 years Or applicant’s supervisor must be a NDAA member in good standing for a minimum of 2 years
2) Applicant must be or become a member of NDAA at the time of application.
3) Applicant must be at a minimum ND State Credential of Apprentice Appraiser in good standing with the North Dakota Real Estate Qualifications and Ethics Board
4) Applicant must submit a completed application
5) Applicant must submit a written essay of no less than 500 words stating why the applicant should be awarded the scholarship. The essay should include:
- The applicant’s goals for advancement within the profession utilizing the education gained with the scholarship
- Discuss ways the applicant plans to positively impact the profession
- Discuss what the applicants view of the future role of appraisal organizations, including what influence they may have in supporting and enhancing the appraisal profession now and in the future.
6) Applicant must submit a resume’
7) Applicant must submit two letters of recommendation regarding your merits for the scholarship. One of these letters must be from a current member of NDAA/ or appraiser currently practicing in profession in good standing with state of ND
When preparing your essay to be submitted with your application, please explain and provide details regarding:
1) Why you feel it is important to be a member of NDAA
2) Your financial need for this scholarship
3) Your plan/timeline for achieving your goals including attaining necessary appraisal experience
1) Scholarship money may be used for the following:
A. Qualifying Education for upgrading State Credential
B. Acquiring a professional appraiser designation, SRA, MAI, Professional Certification Program, etc.
C. All courses must include a test that the applicant successfully passes.
2) Scholarship money will be paid directly to the applicant upon receipt and verification of course attendance and successful completion and receipts for expenses incurred.
3) The amount paid to the applicant will be no more than the verified expenses. The maximum amount paid
will be no more the amount of the scholarship awarded. Eligible expenses include cost of course, hotel/airline/travel expenses, etc.
4) Class must be completed and verification of attendance and receipts must be submitted to the NDAA Executive Secretary within 18 months of the date it is awarded.
5) Priority consideration given to those who have not received scholarship funds in past 24 months, but past recipients are eligible for funding.
All applications will be reviewed and all information verified by the NDAA Education Support Scholarship Committee. Scholarships will be awarded at the NDAA Annual Meeting.
ALL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2021 CONFERENCE MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY OF NDAA NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 30, 2021.
Submit competed application and all required documents to:
Debbie Ellerton, NDAA Executive Secretary
P.O Box 7521, Rapid City, SD 57709