NORTH DAKOTA APPRAISERS ASSOCIATION (NDAA)
After years of aspiration and multiple efforts, the North Dakota Appraisers Association (NDAA) has taken flight – becoming the central voice for the diverse real estate appraisal industry in ND!
On Monday, September 12, 2016, the 100+ members of the NDAA, elected their first ever slate of officers (4) and board of directors (5)! These dedicated volunteers, from all around ND – see below, are excited to serve as they move forward to accomplish the purposes of the NDAA:
- To educate and communicate about legislative and regulatory issues with members of the appraisal profession or with any persons concerned with valuation of real property in North Dakota.
- To support the improvement of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and its effective enforcement by the North Dakota Real Estate Appraiser Qualifications and Ethics Board.
- To foster and promote the appraisal profession to the general public through education, research, and publications.
- To raise the funds necessary to administer the activities of this nonprofit Corporation and to use such funds to carry out its purposes and objectives.
- To promote the public interest and to foster greater public trust and confidence in professional appraisal practice through non-partisan interaction with legislative bodies, government regulatory agencies, and other related organizations.
- To be an advocate for the appraisers and the appraisal profession to ensure that their interests, rights, and independence are protected.
The ND appraisal industry has long needed a unified organization like the NDAA to be their central voice – to inform, guide and educate, not only the real estate appraisers, but also the other professionals, legislators and consumers involved in the real estate business. The NDAA assists appraisers as we incorporate appraisal requirements and practices into our work and take on the appraisal challenges unique to ND. The NDAA will serve as a legitimate source of appraisal education and information and a beacon of professionalism for all involved in this critical profession.